Friday, May 30, 2014

How The 4-Day Workweek Could (WATCH)

As workplace stress levels are on the rise and burnout increasingly takes a toll on employees, they are searching for new and innovative ways to keep their teams feeling more refreshed, motivated and productive than ever. While some allow workers to log in from home or enjoy shortened “summer Friday” hours, others are now turning to the 4-day workweek model to help employees strike a better work-life balance.



DigitalRelevance’s director of digital media relations Ashley Sherman and Beholder’s chief operating officer Emilia Andrews joined HuffPost Live host Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani today to discuss this rethinking of traditional office hours and the benefits it offers both employees and employers.



“I’m less worried about all the things that I’m not doing in my personal life during those days,” said Sherman, regarding the benefits of a four-day workweek. “I know that I have Friday to do that, so I can really focus and center in on what I need to get done for work those four days that I’m there.”



Andrews had a similarly positive experience in shifting to the condensed workweek model at her company.



“Communication went up exponentially," she said. “People were there with a focus, knew what needed to be done, and were able to get it done… I was smiling more. I was happier. I was excited to see the staff when we came back on Monday… We really were all just more excited and more revved up to get back into the workflow… When you’re constantly revving at 100 miles per hour, you need that down time.”



To hear more about the perks of a four-day workweek, watch the full HuffPost Live clip in the video above.




from Healthy Living - The Huffington Post http://ift.tt/1gK7keH

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment