Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dealing With Love

To love what we do, to love our life, to love other people, to love ourselves... Isn't that what we live for? How somber would our existence be without love?! What a beautiful thing.



And how delightful that it can come in so many different forms. I hate when people turn romanticism into spitefulness. Trust me when I say that this is not coming from naiveté. I've had my fair share of awful breakups. One guy cheated on me because I was "too motivated and dedicated to my career." And last year, some guy sent me a dozen roses from overseas with the most heart-wrenchingly adorable note attached. I had no idea he felt that way. The next day his Facebook status changed to "in a relationship" (not with me). You just can't make this stuff up.



But nay, nay! Let's stay optimistic and celebrate love in any form. Like in this jovial and heartwarming clip by New York-based filmmaker Sarah Choi that celebrates the tremendous amount of support which only good friends can provide (and woah... choreography's awesome). The producer made the film after overcoming heartbreak. Or when this Dallas sports news anchor told us in an eloquently stated broadcast that the first openly gay potential NFL player, Michael Sam, deserves nothing short of support and respect from our nation (amen!). Thank you, Michael, for your bravery. I hope you continue to set a national example, and show us how it's done. Or this interview with prima ballerina Natalia Osipova who says that sometimes you can't love in real life like you can on the stage. So, so true.



Yes, there it is: platonic love, gay love, hypothetical love -- let's celebrate it all. Open up your mind to the beauty of it, rather than sinking into the pitfalls of loneliness. If you have no significant other to make you feel special, make someone else feel special. Reach out. And, most importantly, celebrate the love within. Throughout your life, the relationship you have with yourself is arguably the most important relationship of them all.



from Healthy Living - The Huffington Post http://ift.tt/1eB2sAV

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment