Thursday, December 5, 2013

Rick Warren Talks Daniel Plan And Love In Wake Of Son Matthew's Suicide

Influential pastor Rick Warren of Saddleback Church opened up to HuffPost Live about his new faith-based weight loss book, "The Daniel Plan: 40 Days To A Healthier Life," as well as how he's been coping since his son Matthew took his own life.



As he spoke to host Alyona Minkovski about "The Daniel Plan," he discussed his health efforts in the context of the emotional turmoil that he and his wife have faced since Matthew Warren passed.



"Last year was a very difficult year for me, the most difficult year of my life. I had a son who took his life, as most people know," he said. "For six months after my son's death I couldn't sleep, and then people were bringing me food all the time."



Minkovski asked him how he's been coping, to which he replied, "Thank you for asking. First I'd like to thank everybody who's watching for their prayers, their condolences. Kay and I have felt very loved. We have received literally tens of thousands of letters, calls, emails, Facebook, Twitter."



"That love has gotten us through," he added.



"The Daniel Plan" emphasizes a support system for personal improvement, using the "special sauce" of "Faith, Focus, and Friends" to address personal problems and use teamwork as motivation.







from Healthy Living - The Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/05/rick-warren-daniel-plan_n_4386584.html?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living&ir=Healthy+Living

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment